As you’d expect from a thoughtful jewellery brand, we take our responsibilities to those we share this planet with, and to those to come after us here, seriously.
Where possible, we use recycled precious metals, to reduce the need for mining. We use recycled or recyclable packaging wherever we can, and buy our gas and electricity from greener suppliers. We don't fly in aeroplanes, and we use a car as little as we can.
We're always working on improving the environmental and social impact of our craft, and our business, recognising that there can always be improvement. For example, it can be difficult to be sure that those working earlier down the supply chain, for example in the gemstone and precious metals trades, in particular, are paid properly for their work. but we do our best to source our materials from reputable suppliers who pay a fair wage to their workers.
Because our own team are all either in-house makers based in Shropshire, or artisan craftspeople and small specialist businesses that we know, based in the nearby Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham, right here in the UK, we can be confident that our ethical standards are maintained. This means:
1. No child labour, youth labour or involuntary labour. We check that our artisan makers and production partners don't use the labour of minors, or involuntary labour. And nor do we.
2. No involuntary labour. Our production partners don't use involuntary labour, including slave labour, prison labour, indentured labour or forced labour. And nor do we.
3. Humane working conditions. Our production partners insist on humane working hours for any employees, and don’t use any form of physical or psychological coercion or intimidation against such workers. And nor do we.
4. Non-discrimination. We have zero tolerance for discrimination on the basis of:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Any other characteristic protected under applicable law